No matter how bad it gets or how alone you feel, your appendix will always be lonelier.

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Nine Lives

Now just about everybody knows the saying, "Every cat has nine lives". Of course this is just a saying and it is clearly not true, but in some cases it can seem very much real. An example happened just after a few days that we got Ditto.

If you have ever been inside my house then you would know what I am talking about, but since most people haven't I will explain. My home is a bi-level house. When you walk in, there is a little area and then some stairs either going up or down. The stair to the right go up and the stairs going down are then on the left. Going up the left side of the stairs leading to the top floor, there is a built in flat hand rail type of thing. It is basically a piece if wood that runs down the top of a top width of a wall. This type of design then wraps around the top of the stair case, but just on the top floor, creating a flat railing that is on top of a shorter wall in our living room.

Cats enjoy to hang out on top of high places. Our other two cats enjoy sitting or laying down on the railing. It does seem like a habit though that so far every one of our pets have fallen off the top of the railing and fell to the bottom of the stair case, including our dog. When it was no different for Ditto either. I didn't actually see it happen, but you just know the sound. I sitting in the living room up stairs watching television when I heard this slipping sound, and then a louder thump. I sprang up to see what had happened. Looking down the stair case I saw Ditto looking back up at me, with a face full of surprise and shock. His whole body was puffed up, and his tail was large like a marshmallow in the microwave. It is pretty surprising to see them be just fine after falling over 16 feet down and falling on a harder surface. Now in my case, Ditto lost one of his nine lives that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment